57 results. Displaying results 51 - 57.
- Department Zoology Remove filter Zoology
- Subject Dogs Remove filter Dogs
- Subject Medicine Remove filter Medicine
- Subject Fauna Remove filter Fauna
- Subject Natural science Remove filter Natural science
- Department Herpetology Remove filter Herpetology
- Department Paleontology Remove filter Paleontology
- Subject Aquatic Remove filter Aquatic
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Department Ornithology Remove filter Ornithology
A large Nautilus fossil.
A fossilised oyster (Crassostrea ingens) shell. It is a long, thick, scaly, laminate shell.
A fossilised oyster (Crassostrea ingens) shell. It is a large, thick, scaly, laminate shell.
Three fragments of coral from a coral "tree".
A small round bird's nest made from thin strips of plant fibre/grasses and green sphagnum moss.
A dark grey fossilized whale vertebrae. It is the centrum from a lumbar vertebra from the lower back of a small to medium sized adult baleen whale. The vertebra has been bored by small pholad shellfish after the whale died. Erosion has resulted in a smooth surface.
A mounted pūkeko specimen. The specimen has been mounted on a black wooden base in a walking pose.