2 results. Displaying results 1 - 2.
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Ornithology Remove filter Ornithology
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Subject Animals Remove filter Animals
- Subject Beaches and foreshore Remove filter Beaches and foreshore
- Maker Exotic Nature Displays Remove filter Exotic Nature Displays
- Subject Fauna Remove filter Fauna
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.
A " Bird Eating " spider mounted in a wooden frame on a red felt background with legs extended. The frame is missing the glass and is covered with a clear plastic sheet secured with masking tape. The rear of the frame has a metal chain for hanging. " BIRD EATING SPIDER / South America / A PRODUCT BY / EXOTIC NATURE DISPLAYS " is written on a label on the reverse along with a picture of a black and white butterfly.