3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Subject Agriculture Remove filter Agriculture
- Subject Farming Remove filter Farming
- Subject Geology Remove filter Geology
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Subject Natural science Remove filter Natural science
- Subject Insects Remove filter Insects
- Maker Wade, Selena Remove filter Wade, Selena
- Maker Exotic Nature Displays Remove filter Exotic Nature Displays
- Department Entomology Remove filter Entomology
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Maker Mineral Specimens Ltd Remove filter Mineral Specimens Ltd
A Mineral Specimens of New Zealand box set which contains 96 small mounted samples of rocks and minerals, each which are named with a printed label. Many of these labels also include location information. The box is rectangular with a hinged lid and is covered with an embossed gold coloured paper. The hinged lid is lined and fitted with a label on the top and underside which features a hei tiki design. " MINERAL SPECIMENS / OF / NEW ZEALAND " is marked on the label along with fern and kowhaiwhai type patterns. " SET X1 / CARNEGIE " 96 PIECES " is marked on a paper label stuck to the underside of the lid.
Wooden fern press with one leather binding strap (the other is missing) containing 44 thick mount cards with specimens affixed and labelled and 8 loose specimens in paper fold-over folders. The press is wraped in soft foam for protection.
A " Bird Eating " spider mounted in a wooden frame on a red felt background with legs extended. The frame is missing the glass and is covered with a clear plastic sheet secured with masking tape. The rear of the frame has a metal chain for hanging. " BIRD EATING SPIDER / South America / A PRODUCT BY / EXOTIC NATURE DISPLAYS " is written on a label on the reverse along with a picture of a black and white butterfly.