5 results. Displaying results 1 - 5.
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Department Botany/Herbarium Remove filter Botany/Herbarium
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Maker Stolte, Lex Remove filter Stolte, Lex
- Maker Unknown Manufacturer Remove filter Unknown Manufacturer
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
A wandering albatross (toroa) specimen mounted loosely on a plain piece of board.
Light coloured (almost cane-like in appearance) piece of wood. "V"-shaped with one end curving downwards towards the base forming an upside down "U". Small bulbous knot at base of "V". Both ends have been worked. Whole piece has been polished.