3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Subject Geology Remove filter Geology
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Subject Fine arts Remove filter Fine arts
- Subject Visual arts Remove filter Visual arts
- Subject Fauna Remove filter Fauna
- Maker Mineral Specimens Ltd Remove filter Mineral Specimens Ltd
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
A Mineral Specimens of New Zealand box set which contains 96 small mounted samples of rocks and minerals, each which are named with a printed label. Many of these labels also include location information. The box is rectangular with a hinged lid and is covered with an embossed gold coloured paper. The hinged lid is lined and fitted with a label on the top and underside which features a hei tiki design. " MINERAL SPECIMENS / OF / NEW ZEALAND " is marked on the label along with fern and kowhaiwhai type patterns. " SET X1 / CARNEGIE " 96 PIECES " is marked on a paper label stuck to the underside of the lid.