7 results. Displaying results 1 - 7.
- Department Entomology Remove filter Entomology
- Department Zoology Remove filter Zoology
- Department Geology Remove filter Geology
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Subject Fine arts Remove filter Fine arts
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Department Botany/Herbarium Remove filter Botany/Herbarium
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
A coconut fossil (Cocos zeylandica). It is a small, dark brown, slightly flattened, fossil coconut - basically tear-drop in shape. There is a larger hole near the top end with four tiny holes near the base and a large crack extending from the top down one side - almost to the base. Remnant matter at one end.
A Cocos zeylandica fossil. Small, dark brown, flattened, walnut-sized fossil coconut. Three 'eyes' at one end - squashed and filled with sediment (quite pointed at this end).
A Cocos zeylandica fossil with a small, dark brown, slightly flattened, walnut-sized fossil coconut with three 'eyes' at one end - small point at this end.2.5cm crack extends from one of the eyes along the length of the body.
Wooden fern press with one leather binding strap (the other is missing) containing 44 thick mount cards with specimens affixed and labelled and 8 loose specimens in paper fold-over folders. The press is wraped in soft foam for protection.
Three fragments of coral from a coral "tree".