3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Department Entomology Remove filter Entomology
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Department Botany/Herbarium Remove filter Botany/Herbarium
- Department Ornithology Remove filter Ornithology
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Maker Stolte, Lex Remove filter Stolte, Lex
- Subject Fine arts Remove filter Fine arts
- Subject Insects Remove filter Insects
- Maker Exotic Nature Displays Remove filter Exotic Nature Displays
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
A " Bird Eating " spider mounted in a wooden frame on a red felt background with legs extended. The frame is missing the glass and is covered with a clear plastic sheet secured with masking tape. The rear of the frame has a metal chain for hanging. " BIRD EATING SPIDER / South America / A PRODUCT BY / EXOTIC NATURE DISPLAYS " is written on a label on the reverse along with a picture of a black and white butterfly.