4 results. Displaying results 1 - 4.
- Subject Natural science Remove filter Natural science
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Maker Wade, Selena Remove filter Wade, Selena
- Subject Native plants Remove filter Native plants
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
Wooden fern press with one leather binding strap (the other is missing) containing 44 thick mount cards with specimens affixed and labelled and 8 loose specimens in paper fold-over folders. The press is wraped in soft foam for protection.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.