7 results. Displaying results 1 - 7.
- Department Zoology Remove filter Zoology
- Subject Dogs Remove filter Dogs
- Subject Fauna Remove filter Fauna
- Subject Natural science Remove filter Natural science
- Subject Sport Remove filter Sport
- Subject Māori Remove filter Māori
- Department Botany/Herbarium Remove filter Botany/Herbarium
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
Wooden fern press with one leather binding strap (the other is missing) containing 44 thick mount cards with specimens affixed and labelled and 8 loose specimens in paper fold-over folders. The press is wraped in soft foam for protection.
Left and right mandibles of a kurī (Polynesian dog). Two incisors are missing. The mandibles are attached to an uncatalogued kurī cranium.
Pig mandible - previously painted with gold coloured paint but this has chipped off. One tusk almost circular, has grown into the mandible and is visible from the inside. Other tusk is worn away.
Pig's mandible - all teeth still present. Two tusks on the left hand side - one on the right. Tusks 5.5cm and 4.5 long. In good condition.
A stuffed long-tailed, long-eared native bat which is mounted in a black wooden box with a glass front. The box also contains dried plants.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.