4 results. Displaying results 1 - 4.
- Department Marine Biology Remove filter Marine Biology
- Department Herpetology Remove filter Herpetology
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Maker Wade, Selena Remove filter Wade, Selena
- Department Botany/Herbarium Remove filter Botany/Herbarium
- Maker Unknown Manufacturer Remove filter Unknown Manufacturer
Wooden fern press with one leather binding strap (the other is missing) containing 44 thick mount cards with specimens affixed and labelled and 8 loose specimens in paper fold-over folders. The press is wraped in soft foam for protection.
Light coloured (almost cane-like in appearance) piece of wood. "V"-shaped with one end curving downwards towards the base forming an upside down "U". Small bulbous knot at base of "V". Both ends have been worked. Whole piece has been polished.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.