3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Department Marine Biology Remove filter Marine Biology
- Department Herpetology Remove filter Herpetology
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Subject Kiwiana Remove filter Kiwiana
- Subject Science Remove filter Science
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Subject Birds Remove filter Birds
A two tone brown snake skin that has been shed.
A Mineral Specimens of New Zealand box set which contains 96 small mounted samples of rocks and minerals, each which are named with a printed label. Many of these labels also include location information. The box is rectangular with a hinged lid and is covered with an embossed gold coloured paper. The hinged lid is lined and fitted with a label on the top and underside which features a hei tiki design. " MINERAL SPECIMENS / OF / NEW ZEALAND " is marked on the label along with fern and kowhaiwhai type patterns. " SET X1 / CARNEGIE " 96 PIECES " is marked on a paper label stuck to the underside of the lid.
A shed snake skin. The incomplete light brown skin is broken in two pieces with long scales lying transversely on the ventral side. There are small circular and oval scales on the dorsal side and cream skin on the interconnecting scales.