5 results. Displaying results 1 - 5.
- Department Marine Biology Remove filter Marine Biology
- Department Herpetology Remove filter Herpetology
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Department Paleontology Remove filter Paleontology
- Subject Kiwiana Remove filter Kiwiana
- Subject Science Remove filter Science
- Department Geology Remove filter Geology
- Subject Birds Remove filter Birds
- Subject Native Remove filter Native
A vinctifer comptoni fish fossil that has been mounted on plaster and presented in a wooden frame.
A Mineral Specimens of New Zealand box set which contains 96 small mounted samples of rocks and minerals, each which are named with a printed label. Many of these labels also include location information. The box is rectangular with a hinged lid and is covered with an embossed gold coloured paper. The hinged lid is lined and fitted with a label on the top and underside which features a hei tiki design. " MINERAL SPECIMENS / OF / NEW ZEALAND " is marked on the label along with fern and kowhaiwhai type patterns. " SET X1 / CARNEGIE " 96 PIECES " is marked on a paper label stuck to the underside of the lid.
A Striped skink specimen (Leidopisma striatum) preserved in formalin. It has a brown back with grey dorsolateral bands. Ventral side speckled. Tail is cream. Appears to have become discoloured - probably due to the lizard having shed its tail and regrown another.
Two eggs in formalin in a glass specimen jar. The eggs have been tentatively identified as Tuatara eggs.
A Hochstetter's frog ( Leiopelma hochstetteri ) specimen preserved in formalin and contained in a glass specimen jar. The specimen has a dark brown back and its ventral side is dark brown and speckled. The outer layer appears to be flaking off. Toes partially webbed.