6 results. Displaying results 1 - 6.
- Department Entomology Remove filter Entomology
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Department Ornithology Remove filter Ornithology
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Maker Stolte, Lex Remove filter Stolte, Lex
- Maker Unknown Manufacturer Remove filter Unknown Manufacturer
- Maker Murray, Cameron Remove filter Murray, Cameron
Taxidermied black cat. Walking on all fours with erect tail and head looking to one side.
Light coloured (almost cane-like in appearance) piece of wood. "V"-shaped with one end curving downwards towards the base forming an upside down "U". Small bulbous knot at base of "V". Both ends have been worked. Whole piece has been polished.
A wandering albatross (toroa) specimen mounted loosely on a plain piece of board.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.