2 results. Displaying results 1 - 2.
- Subject Cloaks Remove filter Cloaks
- Department Māori Remove filter Māori
- Subject Land ownership Remove filter Land ownership
- Maker Maori, Unknown Remove filter Maori, Unknown
- Subject Māori Remove filter Māori
- Subject New Zealand Wars Remove filter New Zealand Wars
- Maker Rawahotana Remove filter Rawahotana
A large cloak made from skins of eight original Maori dogs (Canis domesticus). Four brown and four white. The pelts sewn together with strips of dog hide using what has been described as a french seam. The dogs ears and tails can be seen
Plain muka body with taniko borders on three edges (paepaeroa) and neck edge finished in blue and red wool. Top edge of broad taniko band along bottom is decorated with a twist of blue and red wool. Kaupapa worked in horizontal rows of whenu; 7 whenu to 1 cm. Ara spaced at 7mm intervals.