6 results. Displaying results 1 - 6.
- Maker Moore, John Lysaght Remove filter Moore, John Lysaght
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Maker Sibelius, G Remove filter Sibelius, G
- Maker Miller, John Frederick Remove filter Miller, John Frederick
- Maker Cleveley, John Remove filter Cleveley, John
- Subject Military Remove filter Military
- Maker Arden, Francis Hamar Remove filter Arden, Francis Hamar
Bushrangers Redoubt and camp "Papatiki" at the edge of the forest at Wai-iti, Pukearuhe District, 1871. Also known as "Capt. Messenger's Camp/Wai-iti". Redoubt centre middleground, cleared land in foreground (with solitary cow grazing), and camp lower right middleground. Bush clad hills in background.
The Royal Regiment of Artillery colours. The colours include the Royal Arms of England placed above a gun. Commonly known as the Royal Artillery, the Royal Regiment of Artillery comprises a number of regiments and is an arm of the British Army.
Painted version of the colours and battle honours of the 14th (Buckinghamshire) Regiment of Foot of the British Army.
View of the end of Pratt's sap, which was constructed during the seige of Hapurona's Pa, Te Arei (seen in the background) with further protective outwork on the left. Shown as it appeared on conclusion of fighting between the Maori defenders and British forces, 19 March 1861. Seated Maori figure with horse and rider on left side.
Pencil sketch of the Omata Stockade from the north east side, 1861. Stockade situated upper right middleground, small area of cleared land middle foreground with stock grazing on it.
A portrait of Edward F Hemingway in military dress. Hemingway is wearing three military medals, two from the Crimean War and one New Zealand Medal. He is shown as an elderly man with a large beard and moustache.