4 results. Displaying results 1 - 4.
- Maker Moore, John Lysaght Remove filter Moore, John Lysaght
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Department Paintings Remove filter Paintings
- Subject Waka Remove filter Waka
- Subject Mission stations Remove filter Mission stations
Oil painting depicting a canoe containing four Maori is in the foreground and hilly bush in the background. There is a niu pole and gravesite in the mid ground beside three whare. There is a Roman Catholic Mission church beside a bend in the river. Copy of a sketch by John Skinner Esq.
High cliff pictured in the foreground with waves crashing at its base. Another cliff is visible in the background. A ship is pictured on the horizon. Gulls are flying.
Oil painting on white glass depicting a whare on a lake edge with small group of people (in red and white) at front. A pataka (storehouse) is pictured behing the whare. Small waka with three people in water in front of whare. Large tree fern in lower left foreground.
View of a mission building on top of a brown, barren hill. Child and woman centre left foreground. Unfinished pencil outline of male figure? on path half way down hill. Small green hedge runs along base of hill and half way along middle of hill. Painted in predominately blue and brown hues with touch of green.