4 results. Displaying results 1 - 4.
- Maker Moore, John Lysaght Remove filter Moore, John Lysaght
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Subject Flora Remove filter Flora
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Department Paintings Remove filter Paintings
- Subject Waka Remove filter Waka
- Department Watercolours Remove filter Watercolours
Oil painting depicting a canoe containing four Maori is in the foreground and hilly bush in the background. There is a niu pole and gravesite in the mid ground beside three whare. There is a Roman Catholic Mission church beside a bend in the river. Copy of a sketch by John Skinner Esq.
High cliff pictured in the foreground with waves crashing at its base. Another cliff is visible in the background. A ship is pictured on the horizon. Gulls are flying.
Oil painting on white glass depicting a whare on a lake edge with small group of people (in red and white) at front. A pataka (storehouse) is pictured behing the whare. Small waka with three people in water in front of whare. Large tree fern in lower left foreground.
Watercolour depicting a Mt. Egmont Buttercup in bud and blossom. The background shows a mountain ridge with traces of snow and tussock vegetation.