5 results. Displaying results 1 - 5.
- Maker Moore, John Lysaght Remove filter Moore, John Lysaght
- Subject Visual arts Remove filter Visual arts
- Maker Lambert, Peter Remove filter Lambert, Peter
- Department Paintings Remove filter Paintings
- Maker Chapman-Taylor, Joan Remove filter Chapman-Taylor, Joan
- Maker Aris, Bernard Remove filter Aris, Bernard
Oil painting of Mount Taranaki from Holly Flat. Painted in a romantic style, it shows the snow-covered peak of Mount Taranaki looming in the background with a series of gorges and cliffs running through the midground. There is also a waterfall visible through the centre of the scene. Bush and trees are visible in the foreground. The painting is contained in a gold molded frame.
Sketch of 'Wilkinson's Castle', Pukearuhe, presumed to have been painted by James Chapman-Taylor's third wife, Joan. 'Wilkinson's Castle' is visible on the brow of a hill with tall trees surrounding the house. Vegetation is depicted on the hillside in the foreground. It is possible this sketch was made before the plans for the house were finalised and building had commenced.
Watercolour of Mount Egmont / Taranaki by Bernard Aris 1936. Dwelling with red roof right of center. Matted and Framed.
A framed oil painting by Bernard Aris of St Mary's Church, New Plymouth 1954.
Rural view of farmland and buildings. Grass and a hedge are pictured in the foreground. A fence runs across farmland in the middleground. Two buildings and several power poles are pictured in the background along with a bank of large trees.