More Options
  •   Add All to Shortlist
An interview by Mary Boekman with Allan Lovell talking about life in Inglewood and the shops and shopkeepers within the commercial centre of the town.
28 February 2006
Accession No

A file of correspondence collected by Sydney C. Allen, member of the New Plymouth Library Committee on the redevelopment of the 'Carnegie public library in New Plymouth 1934 -1935 and correspondence on the idea of a rural library scheme.
Accession No

A newspaper supplement published in New Plymouth 16 November 1865. Contains the eighth report of the Directors of the Bank of New Zealand and a report on the execution of Jarvey, the Dunedin murderer.
Accession No

The Hillsborough Hall Association was formed on 21 November 1907 when a public meeting was held on the subject of erecting a hall. The hall was built on the corner of Henwood and Egmont Roads, New Plymouth and opened in 1908.
The records include minute books 1907-1910, 1917-1959, 1975-1990 (7v); cash book 1908-1928 (1v) and a book containing lists of those elected life members during the years 1920-1955.
Accession No

Hill's export map of New Zealand showing the location of every butter & cheese factory & freezing works within the Dominion as at March 31, 1919, together with other information.
Accession No

Four cardboard sheets that make up the components for a cardboard model of the rebuilt New Plymouth Clock Tower produced by the New Plymouth City Council Public Relations Office for the opening 12 October 1985.
Also included is a concept sheet that depicts a clock tower in the form of the old Post Office Tower being demolished and the logo of New Plymouth Architects Boon Goldsmith & Company in the bottom right corner. Created as a concept drawing prior to the selection of the final plan. Undated
Accession No

Copy of an article written by Kim Ferens and published in TOM (The Oakura Messenger) over three issues November 2004 - February 2005. (8p.)
Accession No

Notes written and researched by Dr. Alan Hayton on private hospitals in the New Plymouth area. Includes information on Noradene and Iona Private Hospitals.
Accession No

House plan prepared by The Key Homes Corporation for Mr W. E. Smith Lot 19 DP8730 Willens Subdivision, New Plymouth. 30 September 1960.
Plan for carport for house at 33 Trafalgar Street, Westown, New Plymouth. Undated.
The current residential address for this house is 33 Trafalgar Street, Westown, New Plymouth.
Accession No

Blueprint plans of the Devonport Flats, built in three different stages. 1922 and 1924 sections were designed by Messenger, Griffith and Taylor for Mr A B Waldie.
The plans show floor plans, elevations, cross sections, roof plan, and detail of reinforced beam to the first block of flats on the corner of St Aubyn and Dawson Streets.
Floor plans, elevations, site plan, cross section, roof plan and detail of reinforced beams and floor of the second stage fronting St Aubyn Street - including specifications
Plans showing floor plans, elevations, cross section and joinery details of the third stage which also has frontage on St Aubyn St.
A plan of garages drawn in 1927 by Messenger Griffith and Taylor showing floor plan, elevation and cross sections - with specifications.
Date: 1922 - 1927
Accession No

Records of the Patea Presbyterian Church and the combined Presbyterian and Methodist Parish 1887 - 1978.
Includes minutes of Kirk sessions 1905-1964 St Andrews Church, Waverly and Knox Church, Patea.
Accession No

FOPA was originally established in 1959 as the Friends of the Taranaki Museum and changed to the Friends of Puke Ariki in 2003 after the opening of the new library, museum, and learning centre complex. Friends of Puke Ariki (FOPA) has been established to act as a liaison between Puke Ariki and the Community. The aim of FOPA is to assist Puke Ariki with projects, fund raising, and stimulating Community interest in the exhibitions and Taranaki History.
Accession No

An illuminated testimonial to the original subscribers of the Bell Block Hall which was opened on 2 March 1899 with a Grand Concert and Dance.
Accession No

A scanned copy of a photographic record of the building of C.A. Wilkinson house at Pukearuhe known as 'Wilkinson's Castle'. The book was one of several produced by J.W. Chapman-Taylor. Includes notes made by Chapman-Taylor "Some thoughts on the building of houses' and a plan of the house. 1929-1930
Accession No

A collection of teachers guidelines relating to the organisation of Woodleigh School, Brois Street, New Plymouth in 1986 - 1988.
Accession No

Booklet produced for the celebration of the first Maori Missionaries to Taranaki, 1839-1979. Contains the programme of events, order of service and background material on the celebration. 17 and 18 November 1979.
Accession No

A commemoration issue celebrating 67 years of the Taranaki Daily News. Includes a facsimile edition of the first issue on the 14 May 1957 of the newspaper (then known as the Taranaki News)
Accession No

The Frankleigh Park Public Hall Association became an incorporated body in 1949. It administered a hall that had been built in 1923 and then rebuilt after its collapse in 1936. A decline in the use of the hall by local groups resulted in the Association's income dropping below what was needed to maintain the hall. The property was sold in 1979 and the Association wound up in 1980. The records include minutes covering the full period of the Association's existence. There are also the rules of the Association, some documents relating to incorporation, three books of accounts, some loose correspondence, annual reports and other papers. There are also two stamps, one of which bears the committee's name and the other the Association's common seal.
Accession No

Typed copy of the memoirs of M.J. (Jack) Outred, owner of the New Plymouth White Hart Hotel 1946 - 1964.
Accession No

Architectural plans for a cheese factory in Mokoia. Created by architects Duffill and Gibson for the Mells Dairy Factory Company in March 1929
Accession No

Architectural plan for a residence in Stratford. Created by architect John Duffill for R. McK. Morison. Undated.
Accession No

Architectural plan for Moores Vivific Company Limited factory located on Collins Street in Hāwera. Created by architect John Duffill. Undated.
Accession No

Architectural plan for a residence in Hāwera. Created by architect Duffill and Gibson for Mrs. Mortlock.
Accession No

Architectural plans for a shop and residence located on the corner of Regent and Furlong Streets in Hāwera. Created by architect Duffill and Gibson for Ada Martin in July 1923.
Accession No

Architectural plans and specifications for the Mangatoki Co-operative Dairy Company Limited. The plans are for the Mangatoki, Mahoe, Matapu and Kaponga factories and range in date from 1912 to 1945.
Accession No