6 results. Displaying results 1 - 6.
Watercolour of New Plymouth Hospital, 1896. Hospital, predominately brown with red and white gabled verandah, positioned at centre of image. Road starting at left - middle foreground leads up to building. Two women (one a nurse) walking on footpath next to road. Number of people gathered on veranda. Building positioned on hill and surrounded by cleared land with two small clumps of bush middle lower right and small garden middle left. Mt. Taranaki/Egmont in left background.
Small watercolour depicting a view of the Sugar Loaves from the mainland. Very light hue with cleared land in immediate foreground and three small trees between the land and water in middleground. Distant view of Sugar Loaves in background. Unsigned.
The Royal Regiment of Artillery colours. The colours include the Royal Arms of England placed above a gun. Commonly known as the Royal Artillery, the Royal Regiment of Artillery comprises a number of regiments and is an arm of the British Army.
View of Moturoa and breakwater, New Plymouth. Cleared land with four cows in immediate foreground and six horses in middleground. Port and breakwater at right middleground. Taranaki Producers Freezing Works Company Coolstores on waterfront near breakwater. Small residential dwelling (?) to right of coolstore. Two oil wells middle left edge, with Paritutu Rock above in the distance. Two residential dwellings (one of which is Honeyfield's) and the Moturoa Hotel (destroyed by fire in 1897) are to the right of the oil wells.
Matted and framed watercolour featuring an Inglewood street scene with a partially clouded Mt. Taranaki/ Egmont in the background. The foreground includes a flock of sheep being driven by a whip wielding mounted shepherd and flanked by two dogs. Two 'swaggermen' with bed rolls, hats and one with walking stick are located in the bottom left corner. The railway reserve and line is in the mid-foreground. This view is of Matai Street from Rimu Street- from in front of the former old Bank of New South Wales (now New Zealand Colonial Antiques 33 Rimu Street). It shows the first Methodist Church on Rata Street (right), the fire station and the commercial buildings on Matai Street to the Inglewood Hotel in the left distance.
Matted and framed watercolour depicting the Waitara township in 1896. The view is taken from Manukorihi hill with the bridge in the foreground running into McLean Street which intersects with Quay Street in the midground. There is a group of figures being led by a man on a horse about to cross the bridge. A surf boat and ship are moored up against reinforced river bank. A railway runs parallel to the river with a carriage to the right of the red building. The engine can be viewed on the edge of town to the right.