filters
More Options
Shortlist
  •   Add All to Shortlist
Street scene in Oakura with cars and a large truck. Butlers Reef Hotel can be seen on the left of the image. There are people on the street with two men standing behind the truck. The truck has a very large cylinder on it and has a sign hanging from the cylinder.
Accession No
PHO2009-367

Portrait of William Henry Skinner holding a printed piece of paper in his hands. Skinner is seated side on to the camera and is wearing a suit and tie. He is looking away from the camera.
Accession No
A66.163

This is a copy photograph of an original watercolour possibly by Hamar Humphrey Arden (ca. 1860s). The current location of the original watercolour is unknown. The large three-storied wooden Egmont Steam Flour Mill on Powderham/Courtenay Street dominates the composition. A horse-drawn cart, ladden with light-coloured bags is parked outside the mill. There are two figures entering the building through a door on the right. A large chimney stands beside the left hand side of the mill. Several small buildings are nestled amongst trees and bush behind and besdie the mill. Mount Taranaki is visible in the distance on the left, while the barracks on Marsland hill is visible on the upper right of the composition.
Accession No
PHO2012-0155

Exterior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0029

Exterior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0031

Exterior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0030

Interior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0032

Interior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0033

Interior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0034

Interior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0035

Interior view of The Gables, Brooklands, New Plymouth.
Accession No
PHO2012-0036

Name/Title
Portrait of Don Driver posed with one of his assemblage artworks, Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, New Plymouth. Driver is wearing a blue polo-necked woollen jumper and has his arm around the plinth his artwork is sitting on. He is looking at the artwork. The artwork is made out of a HARP lager can, a stuffed animal, a doll wearing a headdress and a (possibly plastic) crab.
Accession No
PHO2012-0018

View of Devon Street, New Plymouth, at night with Christmas lights illuminated.
Accession No
PHO2012-0020

Name/Title
Portrait of Don Driver posed with one of his assemblage artworks, Govett-Brewster Art Gallery, New Plymouth. Driver is wearing a blue polo-necked woollen jumper and is leaning against the plinth his artwork is sitting on. He is looking away from the camera and is smiling. The artwork is made out of a HARP lager can, a stuffed animal, a doll wearing a headdress and a (possibly plastic) crab. Several other wall-mounted artworks are visible in the background.
Accession No
PHO2012-0019

Name/Title
View of a street in New Plymouth at night with Christmas lights illuminated.
Accession No
PHO2012-0021

Illuminated Christmas lights adorning a roundabout outside the New Plymouth War Memorial Hall. Richmond Cottage is visible on the right of the image.
Accession No
PHO2012-0022

Name/Title
Man and woman standing in interior of shop under construction.
Accession No
WD.065928

View of the New Plymouth Airport terminal building, Brown Road, New Plymouth, on opening day. Crowds of people are pictured on the outdoor viewing balcony and in front of the terminal. The propellor of an aircraft is visible in the foreground on the right of the image. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0256

View of the crowd picnicking on the grass during the opening of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. The terminal building and control tower are visible in the background. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0257

Crowd inspecting a Piper Pawnee B agricultural aircraft during the opening of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. An information sign about the aircraft is visible in front of the plane. People are also picnicking under the wing of the aircraft. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0258

Smoke trail from an aircraft made during an aerobatics display, opening of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. The immediate foreground features several spectators' heads and hats. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0259

Three aircraft making smoke trails during an aerobatics display, opening of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. The photograph is taken looking directly into the sun, which has created a starburst shape on the right of the image. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0260

Passengers disembarking from a New Zealand National Airways Corporation aeroplane ("Kotare") on the opening day of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. A crowd of onlookers is pictured in the foreground. A second aeroplane is visible behind the aircraft. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0261

A crowd of people in the terminal during the opening day of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0262

Royal New Zealand Air Force NZ6151, an English Electric Canberra jet-powered light bomber, on display during the opening day of the New Plymouth Airport, Brown Road, New Plymouth. In the foreground Alistair Guthrie - son of photographer Rowan Guthrie - is pictured wearing a hat and smiling at the camera. Several other people are also pictured. The new airport - which replaced the original airport opened in 1933 - became operational on 14 November 1966. However, it was officially opened by the Right Honorable Keith Holyoake, Prime Minister of New Zealand, on 4 March 1967. The opening featured a large display of aeroplanes, including commercial and specialist aerobatic craft.
Accession No
PHO2012-0263
Loading...