2 results. Displaying results 1 - 2.
- Maker Kenneth Taylor Studios Remove filter Kenneth Taylor Studios
- Subject Individual Remove filter Individual
- Subject Group Remove filter Group
- Subject Weddings Remove filter Weddings
- Maker Gordon, William Francis Robert Remove filter Gordon, William Francis Robert
- Department Fine Arts Remove filter Fine Arts
- Subject Taranaki Wars Remove filter Taranaki Wars
Depiction of Captain Cracroft's crest and motto. Inscription beneath the crest and motto says: "Presented to the New Plymouth Museum by R. B. Craven late of the H. M. S. Niger May 7th 1909". The Latin motto "Ne Cede Malis" translates as "yield not to misfortunes".
Drawing of a Maori chief with full facial moko. He is wearing a cloak, hei tiki, nephrite earrings, and has two feathers in his hair. Various annotations beneath image in Gordon's handwriting.