filters
More Options
Shortlist
  •   Add All to Shortlist
Name/Title
A blacksmith's ball-peen hammer with a wooden handle and a metal head.
Accession No
TM2003.122

Name/Title
Kahui Road Creamery with man pictured on horse in front of creamery building. He holds an object under one arm. Another man is visible standing in the opening in the side of the building. There is a dog to the left side of him. This was the first factory on the Upper Kahui Road on the same site as the present factory. It was built by Jacob Rothery about 1895. The creamery later became part of the Crown Dairy Company.
Accession No
PHO2009-285

Name/Title
Moturoa number 1 well stands with the coastline in the background. A Texaco holding tank is seen on the right of the photograph.
Accession No
PHO2009-357

Moturoa Petroleum Company number 1 well. There are several buildings pictured on the left of the image and two Texaco gas tanks are visible on the right.
Accession No
PHO2009-358

The Kapuni processing plant pictured while burning off, sending a flame into the sky at night. There are two flames seen, one in the foreground and the other in the background to the left of the image.
Accession No
PHO2009-273

An aerial photograph of the Shell BP Todd exploratory well, Inglewood A at Bedford Road, Inglewood. The well can be seen in the centre of the photograph with tanks and buildings around it. There is farmland surrounding it. A road runs from the bottom to the left edge of the photograph. There are tall trees separating the well site from farmland.
Accession No
PHO2009-274

This is a copy photograph of an original watercolour possibly by Hamar Humphrey Arden (ca. 1860s). The current location of the original watercolour is unknown. The large three-storied wooden Egmont Steam Flour Mill on Powderham/Courtenay Street dominates the composition. A horse-drawn cart, ladden with light-coloured bags is parked outside the mill. There are two figures entering the building through a door on the right. A large chimney stands beside the left hand side of the mill. Several small buildings are nestled amongst trees and bush behind and besdie the mill. Mount Taranaki is visible in the distance on the left, while the barracks on Marsland hill is visible on the upper right of the composition.
Accession No
PHO2012-0155

Group of people pictured at the foot of the Whangamomona Petroleum Prospecting & Development Co. Ltd's oil bore on Whangamomona Road.
Accession No
PHO2007-230

Group portait of nine male staff members of Rothery's Kahui Sawmill in Rahotū, Taranaki. The sawmill was owned by Jacob Rothery. The men are photographed amongst thick bush and are arranged in two rows. Five men are seated on a wooden beam in the front row. One of these seated men is seated with his back towards the camera. The four other men are staning in the back. The man third from the left in the front row is petting a dog which is seated at his feet.
Accession No
PHO2013-0066

New Zealand's first Oil refinery under construction in early 1913 at Moturoa. The distant derricks are from left, T.P.2, T.P.1 and T.P.5.
Accession No
PHO2001-561

Name/Title
View of Moturoa Oilfield looking toward Saddleback Island. The derricks from left to right are Taranaki Petroleum 2 and Taranaki Petroleum 1 with New Plymouth Cool Stores at the rear.
Accession No
PHO2001-562

Birthday Well at Taranaki Petroleum No.1 well at Moturoa Oilfield.
Accession No
PHO2001-563

Taranaki Petroleum No.2 Well (Roy), which produced up to 10 barrels (1,600 litres) a day for several years.
Accession No
PHO2001-564

Taranaki Petroleum Company's No.1 ( Birthday ) well about 1907, with T.P.2 ( Roy ) behind at Moturoa Oilfield.
Accession No
PHO2001-565

Name/Title
View of Mt. Taranaki/Egmont on the way to Inglewood, shows ranges and farmland.
Accession No
PHO2001-566

A pile of wooden container boxes with kittens playing amongst them. The boxes have company names stamped on them.
Accession No
PHO2001-567

Photograph shows managers and workers leaning against coal wagons at the entrance of the Maryville mine.
Former manager Joe Lobb, pictured fourth from right, Manager William Lennox, third from left.
"Coal tunnels and miners with coal".
Accession No
PHO2002-342

Photograph shows milk carts parked in front the Tarata factory, with drivers on the carts and a factory worker and a child standing on the loading dock of the factory loading down a milk can onto a cart.
Accession No
PHO2002-509

Kapuni Branch of T. L. Joll Co-op. Dairy Co. Ltd.
Accession No
PHO2002-513

View of the Mokau Co-op. Dairy factory
Accession No
PHO2002-519

Photograph of the Alpha Well at Sugarloaf Point, Ngamotu. The derrick was erected in June 1866. Mikotahi and Moturoa Islands can be seen in the background, with a tripod over Taranaki Petroleum Co.'s No. III bore. A group of workers and a horse are standing under the derrick.
Accession No
PHO2002-596

Photograph of the E.M.Smith Ironsand smelter works at Te Henui, situated on the corner of Hamblyn Street and Nobs Line. In 1888 it was bought by Thomas Oldfield.
Accession No
PHO2002-633

Name/Title
Photograph of the Egmont Brewery situated on Queen Street New Plymouth, a wooden house can be seen in the centre with the brewery building at the rear. Two horse and carts stand on the road and workmen are gathered on the verandah of the house.
Accession No
PHO2002-698

Copy negative of original photograph published in the Auckland Weekly News, June 4th 2925. Image shows the Tarata No. 1 well owned by Taranaki Oilfield Ltd with mountains and valleys in the background.The well overlooks the Waitara River from its Toe Toe Road site. This company also drilled explaratory wells at Gisborne and Greymouth during the 1920s.
Accession No
PHO2002-700

Crown Dairy Factory in Okato, built in 1891. Bullock and horse carts laden with milk cans are in the foreground of the factory.
Accession No
PHO2002-855
Loading...