6 results. Displaying results 1 - 6.
- Maker Buist, Alastair Gordon Remove filter Buist, Alastair Gordon
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Watercolours Remove filter Watercolours
- Department Social History Remove filter Social History
- Subject Brewing and bottling Remove filter Brewing and bottling
- Subject Social and domestic Remove filter Social and domestic
Tea set comprising tea pot, serving dish, plate, jug, sugar bowl, 11 coffee cups, 12 tea cups and 12 saucers. The set features a cream body decorated with powder blue panels, gilt motifs and edging.
Wooden chest in two parts with four drawers. The top 'drawer' is hinged along the bottom edge and folds out to reveal a writing desk and interior shelving. The drawers have brass handles and locks that are inset into the drawer front so as to be flush with the surface.
Heavy block metal smoothing iron with twisted handle design. Long and thin with pointed nose, high sides and moulded top edge. c.1840s.
A pair of pedestal vases with two handles. The main body is glazed in green with handpainted scenes and elaborately decorated in gilt. The handles are white with gilt decoration overall. Each vase has two handpainted scenes on opposite sides of the main body also framed with gilt. One vase shows two cherubs/angles examining the contents of a box and seated on a cloud. The other vase shows two cherubs/angels on a cloud, one playing a wind pipe and the other is dancing. The opposite scene on both vases depicts a bouquet of fruits and flowers although the arrangement is unique to each vase.
Cup, saucer and sugar basin decorated with a red ochre transfer design and handpainted flowers. Edges are trimmed with a yellow/gold colour.
A pack of Draught Provincial Bitter beer cards without the jokers. Each card is printed with the logo on the reverse side and a card has been adhered logo side out to the front of the cardboard box.