3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Maker Buist, Alastair Gordon Remove filter Buist, Alastair Gordon
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Prints & Drawings Remove filter Prints & Drawings
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Maker Tuffery, Michel Remove filter Tuffery, Michel
View of Mount Taranaki and the Sugar Loaf Islands from the sea.
View of the New Plymouth breakwater at Ngamotu, Paritutu and the Sugar Loaf Islands.
Embossed woodcut print of Mount Taranaki viewed from the head of the Whanganui River. The river is portrayed as a series of curling koru shapes that rise up in a wave formation on the left of the image. These koru shapes are echoed in the sky and are also embossed into the paper itself. Mount Taranaki is pictured on the right. The contours of the mountain are expressed in feather-like shapes. The image is rendered mostly in black and brown. Turquoise is also used as an underlying layer and is most visible where the river curls into a wave, accentuating the reference to water and movement.