12 results. Displaying results 1 - 12.
- Maker Buist, Alastair Gordon Remove filter Buist, Alastair Gordon
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Prints & Drawings Remove filter Prints & Drawings
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
- Department Fine Arts Remove filter Fine Arts
- Maker Arden, Hamar Humphrey Remove filter Arden, Hamar Humphrey
High cliff pictured in the foreground with waves crashing at its base. Another cliff is visible in the background. A ship is pictured on the horizon. Gulls are flying.
View of Mount Taranaki and the Sugar Loaf Islands from the sea.
View of the New Plymouth breakwater at Ngamotu, Paritutu and the Sugar Loaf Islands.
Memorial to the 57th (West Middlesex) Regiment at Te Henui Cemetery. Mt. Taranaki/Egmont visible in background.
Residence of Mrs William Honeyfield at Moturoa, circa 1870. Hongi Hongi lagoon is visible in the left middleground and Sugar Loaf Islands in the background. Three cattle in the lower right corner and a flock of sheep near the foreshore. The Honeyfield residence was built by Richard (Dicky) Barret, pioneer trader and whaler of Moturoa.
View of central New Plymouth from lower Liardet Street looking towards Marsland Hill and Mt Taranaki / Egmont. Figure in red jacket on horse in foreground.
View of New Plymouth c.1863 taken from approximately the junction of Liardet and Gill Streets. Mt Taranaki/Egmont, Marsland Hill and barracks visible in background. Figure in blue jacket on horse in foreground.
View of Upper Brougham Street, New Plymouth c.1862-65. Post Office to the left, Devon Street leading up to the White Hart Hotel, and the Primitive Methodist Church visible right background. Huatoki Valley in foreground with two cattle pulling cart.
View of lower Brougham Street, New Plymouth. Buildings include the Taranaki (now Royal) Hotel, News Office and Native Office. Male figure loading horse and cart in middle foreground.
View of central New Plymouth from Liardet/Gill Street area. Wesleyan Methodist Church (left), St Mary's Anglican Church (right) and Marsland Hill and barracks centre right.
Liardet Street, New Plymouth. Marsland Hill Barracks in right background. Street in foreground on which there is a cart with two oxen and a small number of people.
Early New Plymouth street scene depicting the corner of Brougham and Devon Streets. Three buildings in middleground with horse and cart standing on road in front. Middle shop has a small golden boot at front. This shop belonged to boot maker Thomas Wood, and was called "The Golden Boot". Methodist Church can just be seen top left on the hill. A small number of people stand around the block of buildings.