7 results. Displaying results 1 - 7.
- Maker Buist, Alastair Gordon Remove filter Buist, Alastair Gordon
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Prints & Drawings Remove filter Prints & Drawings
- Department Fine Arts Remove filter Fine Arts
- Subject New Zealand Wars Remove filter New Zealand Wars
- Subject Māori Remove filter Māori
- Subject Public places Remove filter Public places
Portrait of an unknown Maori woman. She is seated and is wearing a cloak draped over one shoulder. The other shoulder is bare. She has long, dark hair. Her head is tilted to the side and she is looking away from the viewer.
High cliff pictured in the foreground with waves crashing at its base. Another cliff is visible in the background. A ship is pictured on the horizon. Gulls are flying.
View of Mount Taranaki and the Sugar Loaf Islands from the sea.
Small steel engraving showing the Bell Block Stockade in the middleground with surrounding outposts. Mt Taranaki/Egmont in background. Four individuals are located lower left of the hill.
Portrait of a Maori woman wearing a cloak and holding a large greenstone mere across her chest. She has a large tiki hanging from her neck. She wears a feather in her hair and has several tattooed lines around her mouth. She is also wearing bone (?) earrings. Pictured looking to the right (her left).
View of the New Plymouth breakwater at Ngamotu, Paritutu and the Sugar Loaf Islands.
The colours, or standards, of the Taranaki Militia and Volunteers. The colours feature two flags and the British Crown.