5 results. Displaying results 1 - 5.
- Maker Buist, Alastair Gordon Remove filter Buist, Alastair Gordon
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Natural Sciences Remove filter Natural Sciences
- Maker Unknown Manufacturer Remove filter Unknown Manufacturer
- Maker Stolte, Lex Remove filter Stolte, Lex
Light coloured (almost cane-like in appearance) piece of wood. "V"-shaped with one end curving downwards towards the base forming an upside down "U". Small bulbous knot at base of "V". Both ends have been worked. Whole piece has been polished.
An arrangement of pressed ferns presented in an ornate gilt frame.
Red leather album with gold embossed title: "Ferns of N Z, Whangamomona 17/4/10". Arranged ferns and moss have been glued onto card pages with pink interleaves. Of the 19 arrangements, only five include labels.
Vegetable caterpillar, more commonly known as the lava of the moth Sphink convolvuli or in Māori pēpe. The larva is infected with a a parasitic fungus named Cordiceps robertsii. Catapillar is visibly thicker at one end.
A wandering albatross (toroa) specimen mounted loosely on a plain piece of board.