7 results. Displaying results 1 - 7.
Small watercolour of Armed Constabulary's redoubt at Wai-iti from Papatiki (Bushranger's redoubt). Depicts collection of small buildings lower centre with column of smoke emitting from one of the buildngs. Redoubt positioned on flat land surrounded by hills - brown fern regrowth immediate foreground, large light green hill right background and distant blue hills left background. Small line of bush located to right of buildings - beginning lower middle right; larger patch of bush located to left of buildings - lower middle left.
The colours, or standards, of the Taranaki Militia and Volunteers. The colours feature two flags and the British Crown.
View of the end of Pratt's sap, which was constructed during the seige of Hapurona's Pa, Te Arei (seen in the background) with further protective outwork on the left. Shown as it appeared on conclusion of fighting between the Maori defenders and British forces, 19 March 1861. Seated Maori figure with horse and rider on left side.
Pencil sketch of the Omata Stockade from the north east side, 1861. Stockade situated upper right middleground, small area of cleared land middle foreground with stock grazing on it.
Pencil drawing with watercolour wash showing the view from the western side of the Bell Block Stockade, 1860. Looking out over the Bell Village District and showing the Anglican and Primitive Methodist Churches, the Village Inn and the residence of James Marshall. Soldiers with cannon in foreground.
Small steel engraving showing the Bell Block Stockade in the middleground with surrounding outposts. Mt Taranaki/Egmont in background. Four individuals are located lower left of the hill.
Bushrangers Redoubt and camp "Papatiki" at the edge of the forest at Wai-iti, Pukearuhe District, 1871. Also known as "Capt. Messenger's Camp/Wai-iti". Redoubt centre middleground, cleared land in foreground (with solitary cow grazing), and camp lower right middleground. Bush clad hills in background.