1 results. Displaying result 1.
- Subject Children Remove filter Children
- Maker Swainson's Studios Remove filter Swainson's Studios
- Maker Pepperell, Langley Herbert Remove filter Pepperell, Langley Herbert
- Subject Weddings Remove filter Weddings
- Subject Family Remove filter Family
- Maker Feaver Remove filter Feaver
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Department Textiles Remove filter Textiles
A cream-coloured brisé fan made of fine guardsticks of ivory or bone. The fan has nineteen guardsticks that are held together by a brass rivet and a silk ribbon that is weaved through. Each guardstick is 2.5cm wide at the top and tapers to 0.5cm at the bottom. They are finely carved with abstract shapes that are identical on the inside seventeen sticks. The two sticks on the outside ends have different matching shapes than those on the inside. The fan is finished with two cream-coloured tassels attached to the brass rivet which is made of cotton thread with a small white bead on each.