filters
More Options
Shortlist
  •   Add All to Shortlist
Architectural plans for a commerical building located on the corner of Bridge Street and High Street in Eltham. Created for Charles Anderson Wilkinson in 1913. Includes a concept plan drawn by Frank Messenger [c.1910]. The final plans for the building were drawn by John Duffill. The building was completed in 1914.
Accession No
ARC2004-1777

Architectural plan for the additions to the Whites Limited premises located on Devon Street in New Plymouth. Created by architects Griffiths and Stephenson in September 1933.
Accession No
ARC2005-120

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Helen Jenkins of Finnerty Road, 1991. Helen talks of arriving in Finnerty Road about 1935, of an April Fool's Day prank, Finnerty Road School daffodils, etc
Part of a collection of interviews recording the history of the Finnerty Road / Lowgarth districts. An edited transcript is available
Accession No
ARC2002-391

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with the Reverend Rob Ferguson about his involvement with the Eltham / Kaponga Co-operating Parish. He talks of Presbyertian and Methodist churches, local identities, the Parish Council, changing trends in worship, church music and ritual. He also briefly mentions taking part in an anti Springbok tour.
Part of a collection of interviews recording the history of the Eltham Co-operating Parish. An edited transcript is available.
Accession No
ARC2002-423

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Owen Henry of Matapu. Owen talks about the Presbyterian Church, the Eltham - Kaponga Co-operating Parish, and the church and the parish of Knox Church, Eltham. Part of a collection of interviews looking into the history of the Eltham Co-operating Parish. An edited transcription is available. No abstract has been made.
Accession No
ARC2002-409

Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Henry and Margaret Turner and George and Margaret Bugham. The recording opens with Margaret talking about her family history, in particular her grandfather Edward (Ned) Wright of Midhirst. George, Henry and Margaret join the conversation with information on various local identites and the Eltham Methodist Church.
Poor sound quality.
A collection of interviews looking at the history of the Eltham Co-operating Parish
A transcript has been made by Alison Robinson.
Date of interview: 4 September 1989
Accession No
ARC2002-411

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Reverend Doug and Jan Earp on the 22nd February 1990. Doug talks of his ministry in the Eltham Co-operating Parish. He was the second minister in the co-operating parish and he talks of interdenominational worship, the church in Kaponga and Manaia, Life in the Spirit Seminars and other evangelical work. Jan joins the conversation. They talk of various people within the parish and the chruch work done. Doug talks of the ritual of baptism, church music, family groups and the Parish Council
Part of a collection of interviews recording the history of the Eltham Co-operating Parish. An edited transcript is available. No abstract has been made.
Accession No
ARC2002-424

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Mrs Lois Wharton and her daughter Brenda, 30th January 1991. Lois was at one time the Central Taranaki Methodist parish steward.
Part of the Central Taranaki Methodist project. No abstract or transcription has been made.
Accession No
ARC2002-457

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson interviews Don McDowall, 13th August 1989. Don speaks of his experiences as a Christian pacifist during WWII. He describes his teenage years and how he became involved with the Methodist Bible Class while at Wharehuia where he confirmed his pacifist beliefs. He talks of being imprisoned during the war and the different denominations among the detainees and how this effected his faith. After the war, he returned to Stratford finding a home in the Stratford Methodist church and the Men's Fellowship Group.
Part of the Central Taranaki Methodist project. An edited transcript is available. No abstract has been made.
Accession No
ARC2002-451

Name/Title
Oral history. Alison Robinson talks with Ruth Potts (nee Summerfield) 19th September 1990. Ruth talks of her grandparents John and Harriett Butcher who arrived in Stratford in 1900. She talks of the Butcher and Summerfield families and the Hopkins who were involved in the Primitive Methodist Church in Stratford.
Part of the Central Taranaki Methodist project. No abstract of transcript is available, but notes have been made.
Accession No
ARC2002-454

Architectural plans and specifications for a residence for Charles Edwin Major at Princes Street in Hāwera. Created by architect Frank Messenger in October 1903.
Accession No
ARC2004-1131

Blueprint plan for a private hotel in Gill Street New Plymouth. Includes North, east, west and south elevations; Ground and first floor plans; Section plans; Detail of fittings for Drawing Room; Lighting and power points in red ink. Drainage plan.
Architects Griffiths & Stephenson. July 1935
775mm x 575mm
Accession No
ARC2008-173

Blueprint plan for a house in Vivian Street, New Plymouth for E Douch. Includes North, south, east, west elevations; Section plan; Ground floor plan; First floor plan; Elevation of gate and garage; Detail of kitchen fittings; block and drainage plan.
Inset: ‘Drawing no.1’
Architects. Griffiths & Stephenson. July 1935
458mm x 727mm
Accession No
ARC2008-183

Blueprint plan for business premises, Devon Street, for the New Plymouth Friendly Societies Dispensary Ltd.
Includes Ground floor plan; First floor plan; front elevation; cross section exterior; East elevation; longitudinal section; Cross section interior; Shop fittings; Staircase detail; Elevation window detail shop front.
Architects. Griffith & Stephenson. August 1932.
525mm x 665mm
Accession No
ARC2008-197

Blueprint plan. Floor plan showing layout of original church and later alterations and additions. Legend gives dates and names of architects and builders.
Architect. F Messenger. 8 February 1941
505mm x 647mm
Accession No
ARC2008-198

Architectural plan of the Ngamotu Masonic Lodge located on the corner of Liardet and Leach Streets, New Plymouth. Pen and colour wash. Includes Front perspective sketch and floor plan.
Architects. Griffiths & Stephenson. September 1935
510mm x 724mm
Accession No
ARC2008-199

Plans showing floor plan elevations, cross sections and joinery details of residence for Mr C H Burgess at 7 Ridge Lane, New Plymouth.
Designed by Frank Messenger in 1897. Built by Boon Bros. Also plans of additions in 1900 and 1907 by Frank Messenger and a plan of stable and loft by Frank Messenger.
Accession No
ARC2008-234

Name/Title
An interview by Alison Robinson with Jean Parkes (nee Needham) at the Eventide Home, Eltham as part of research for 'More Taranaki talk' / stories collected & edited by Alison Robinson. Zenith Print, 2007. Jean talks about her childhood at the Douglas Boarding House, her marriage to Walter Parkes and her life at Tahora and Tatu.
Accession No
ARC2010-001

Architectural plan by Frank Messenger for the second story addition to the New Plymouth Hospital nurses home, 1908.
Accession No
ARC2011-086

Plan and contract for proposed additions to the Omata Halll, designed by Frank Messenger, undated.
Accession No
ARC2013-060

Plan and specifications for additions to the ladies room in the grand stand for the Taranaki Jockey Club, designed by Frank Messenger, October 1915.
Accession No
ARC2013-058

Architectural drawing of New Plymouth Hospital, scale 8 feet to 1 inch.
Architect, Frank Messenger. April 1903.
Pen and ink on linen. 875mm x 550mm
Accession No
ARC2009-146

Plans include drawings by Frank Messenger of the original designs for the church and altar, also the memorial addition for Archdeacon Govett and a colour coded floor plan showing alterations to the church by different architects & builders.
Accession No
ARC2009-150

Original plans for the construction of the Primitive Methodist Church, New Plymouth, designed by Frank Messenger, 1903.
Accession No
ARC2009-152

The plans show a sketch design for the Wesleyan Church on the corner of Courtnay and Liardet Street New Plymouth, also alterations to the church and school, proposed by Frank Messenger in 1897
Accession No
ARC2009-151
Loading...