filters
More Options
Shortlist
  •   Add All to Shortlist
Resulting damage caused by a fire on Devon Street, New Plymouth. The buildings damaged were on the north side of Devon Street, just east of the Egmont Street intersection. The businesses damaged in the fire were the Grand Coffee Palace, photographer C. P. Cottier's premises, the Dresden Piano Company, land agent J. C. Davies' premises and the London Dental Institute. Photograph depicts five figures standing in the smashed upper windows of the Dresden Piano Company and three figures standing in the smashed upper windows of the London Dental Institute. Fire damage is evident to the outside of the buildings pictured.
Accession No
PHO2009-216

Studio portrait of Follett Carrington, son of Octavius Carrington. Follett is standing on a chair and rests one arm on a pedestal that is supporting a sculpture. He holds an unidentified object in the other hand. He is wearing a dress, trousers and boots.
Accession No
PHO2009-223

Name/Title
Studio portrait of Wikitoria Kepa (Kemp). Kepa is seated and is looking away from the photographer. She is wearing a dress with lace details and has a cross hanging around her neck.
Accession No
PHO2009-224

Ambrotype portrait of Edwin Earp and an unidentified woman, possibly his wife. Both are seated and are looking directly at the camera. Earp is wearing a suit and the woman is wearing a checkered dress with a lace collar. The portrait is hand tinted. Earp has a silver fob chain and gold buttons added and the woman has a gold brooch and a fleck of gold on her hand (presumably to indicate a wedding ring). The woman also holds a book in one hand, which has some gold highlighting added to it. The portrait has a gold metal matt and a patterned metal frame around the matt. The portrait is contained in a leather-bound case, possibly removed from a lidded case.
Accession No
PHO2010-0746

Name/Title
Ambrotype portrait of an unidentified man. He is seated and is wearing a suit with a scarf/tie. Two specks of gold paint have been added to the scarf/tie and his shirt. The portrait is framed by a gold metal matt with an oval window. An embossed metal frame surrounds the matt. The portrait is contained within a leather-bound case, possibly removed from a lidded case. A metal ring is attached to the top of the case.
Accession No
PHO2010-0747

Name/Title
Tintype portrait of two children standing on stone steps outside an unidentified building. The boy is wearing a cardigan, trousers and shoes and the girl is wearing a dress with a light colour around the sleeves and collar, stockings and boots. Both children are looking directly at the camera and are not smiling.
Accession No
A96.282

Harry Hinrik Peters (1852-1941) tending to the garden at the front of his Kaimiro home.
Accession No
PHO2011-0020

The Kaimata Co-Operative Dairy Factory. The building was designed by Messenger & Taylor and built by J. Simmons in 1935.
Accession No
PHO2011-0256

The Midhirst Dairy Co-Operative, Tariki Road Branch. The manager Peter Manning stands in front of the building (right).
Accession No
PHO2011-0257

The Awatuna Co-Operative Dairy Factory built by J. Simmons in 1930.
Accession No
PHO2011-0258

The main branch of the Okato and Puniho Co-Operative Dairy Factory, built in 1931.
Accession No
PHO2011-0281

Name/Title
Shows Rigby Allan standing next to the front door of the jailhouse at Parihaka.
Accession No
PHO2011-0353

Name/Title
Portrait of an unknown Maori woman. She is seated and is wearing a cloak draped over one shoulder. The other shoulder is bare. She has long, dark hair. Her head is tilted to the side and she is looking away from the viewer.
Accession No
A66.131

Aunt of Parehaereone Raumati, mother of Matarena Rau-kupa and others.
Accession No
PHO2011-2342

Name/Title
Arapata Hakature, also known as "Albert of Urenui" was one of the original migrants to the Chatham Islands in 1836. Died circa 1895.
Accession No
PHO2011-2341

Name/Title
Rangipito. Ngati Kaitangata hapu of Te Ati Awa (Onaero).
Accession No
PHO2011-2318

Sister Grant standing outside the front of the Opunake Cottage Hospital.
Accession No
PHO2011-2161

View of the Inglewood Railway Station, Moa Street, Inglewood. Five men and a child are pictured standing on the platform in front of the station. A horse and cart are visible on the left of the image. Otto Frank is pictured standing in front of the horse. Inglewood Railway Station was built in 1876 and its verandah was added in 1896. The station is the oldest remaining station still on its original site.
Accession No
PHO2009-313

Ambrotype studio portrait of Elizabeth Howell (nee Jennings). Howell is wearing a dress with a lace collar. She has one arm resting on a book that sits on a table. She is not looking at the camera. A ring and a brooch at her throat have been hand painted in gold paint. Matted with an embossed metal matt with patterned copper edging. Ambrotype is missing its case. Elizabeth Howell and her husband Simeon Howell arrived in Wellington, New Zealand, in December 1840 aboard the "London", along with other New Zealand Company settlers. They arrived in New Plymouth aboard the "Brougham" on 10 May 1842.
Accession No
PHO2009-341

Name/Title
Ambrotype studio portrait of Simeon Howell. Howell is seated in a chair next to a table. He holds a book or document in both of his hands. He is wearing a suit with a waistcoat, shirt and cravat. A tie pin and watch chain have been hand painted onto the photograph in gold paint. The ambrotype is framed with an embossed gold metal matt with patterned metal edging. The photograph is housed in a plain leather case. The lid of the case is lined with orange embossed velvet. A hook clasp is mounted on the left hand side of the case. Simeon Howell and his wife Elizabeth Howell (nee Jennings) arrived in Wellington, New Zealand, in December 1840 aboard the "London", along with other New Zealand Company settlers. They arrived in New Plymouth aboard the "Brougham" on 10 May 1842.
Accession No
PHO2009-342

Members of the Taranaki Maori Trust Board pictured during a visit to Omahu marae, Hastings, during a Maori hockey tournament in June 1935. Pictured left to right: Tupito Maruera, Rima Wakarua, Tai Te Tomo, Jimmy Edwin-Roach, Apirana Ngata and Te Kaho Heremia.
Accession No
PHO2009-373

Name/Title
Group of children and school teacher standing outside Urenui School building. Te Rangi Hiroa (later known as Sir Peter Buck) pictured in the middle row second from right. Mr J. Colesby, teacher, is pictured standing on the right.
Accession No
PHO2009-374

The interior of the New Plymouth museum, showing a corner of the gallery and several display cases.
Accession No
PHO2011-2026

The interior of the New Plymouth museum, showing a corner of the gallery and several display cases.
Accession No
PHO2011-2027

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2069
Loading...