3 results. Displaying results 1 - 3.
- Maker Unknown Remove filter Unknown
- Subject New Zealand Wars Remove filter New Zealand Wars
- Subject Taranaki Wars Remove filter Taranaki Wars
- Maker Unknown Photographer Remove filter Unknown Photographer
- Department Archives Remove filter Archives
- Maker Illustrated London News Remove filter Illustrated London News
An report published in the Illustrated London News 29 August 1863 on the ambush of Lieutenant Tragett and Assistant-Surgeon Hope and a small party of soldiers who, on 4 May 1863, were ambushed and all but one soldier killed while escorting a prisoner back to New Plymouth.
Map titled 'The "Sap" Huirangi Dist approaching maori position at Te Arei 1860-61', showing the site of 'The Sap'. The site was dug by soldiers under the command of General Pratt along the ridge towards Te Arei in 1861. Map includes the course of the Waitara River and some topographical features. Unknown scale.
Map of a surveyor's plan of Waitara including the Waitara West and Huirangi Districts. The plan shows the field of operations during the Taranaki Wars from 1860-1861 and highlights redoubts, battle locations, pa sites, and other important landmarks. The map is adhered to black card.