filters
More Options
Shortlist
  •   Add All to Shortlist
Resulting damage caused by a fire on Devon Street, New Plymouth. The buildings damaged were on the north side of Devon Street, just east of the Egmont Street intersection. The businesses damaged in the fire were the Grand Coffee Palace, photographer C. P. Cottier's premises, the Dresden Piano Company, land agent J. C. Davies' premises and the London Dental Institute. Photograph depicts five figures standing in the smashed upper windows of the Dresden Piano Company and three figures standing in the smashed upper windows of the London Dental Institute. Fire damage is evident to the outside of the buildings pictured.
Accession No
PHO2009-216

Harry Hinrik Peters (1852-1941) tending to the garden at the front of his Kaimiro home.
Accession No
PHO2011-0020

The Kaimata Co-Operative Dairy Factory. The building was designed by Messenger & Taylor and built by J. Simmons in 1935.
Accession No
PHO2011-0256

The Midhirst Dairy Co-Operative, Tariki Road Branch. The manager Peter Manning stands in front of the building (right).
Accession No
PHO2011-0257

The Awatuna Co-Operative Dairy Factory built by J. Simmons in 1930.
Accession No
PHO2011-0258

The main branch of the Okato and Puniho Co-Operative Dairy Factory, built in 1931.
Accession No
PHO2011-0281

Name/Title
Shows Rigby Allan standing next to the front door of the jailhouse at Parihaka.
Accession No
PHO2011-0353

Sister Grant standing outside the front of the Opunake Cottage Hospital.
Accession No
PHO2011-2161

View of the Inglewood Railway Station, Moa Street, Inglewood. Five men and a child are pictured standing on the platform in front of the station. A horse and cart are visible on the left of the image. Otto Frank is pictured standing in front of the horse. Inglewood Railway Station was built in 1876 and its verandah was added in 1896. The station is the oldest remaining station still on its original site.
Accession No
PHO2009-313

Name/Title
Group of children and school teacher standing outside Urenui School building. Te Rangi Hiroa (later known as Sir Peter Buck) pictured in the middle row second from right. Mr J. Colesby, teacher, is pictured standing on the right.
Accession No
PHO2009-374

The interior of the New Plymouth museum, showing a corner of the gallery and several display cases.
Accession No
PHO2011-2026

The interior of the New Plymouth museum, showing a corner of the gallery and several display cases.
Accession No
PHO2011-2027

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2069

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, on Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2070

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, on Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2071

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, on Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2072

Front view of a house constructed or commissioned by Chew Chong, on Buller Street New Plymouth taken in 1990.
Accession No
PHO2011-2073

Five homes, built in a row on York Terrace, by Thomas Hirst for him and his wife along with homes for several of his daughters (including a daughter in law). The houses were built for: 1. Annis Hamerton (nee Hirst); 2. Jane Marshall (nee Hirst); 3. Jane Hirst (daughter in law, nee George); 4. Mary Devenish (nee Hirst); 5. Harriet Fookes (nee Hirst); and a home he built for himself and his wife Grace (nee Bracken). The road subsequently formed Pendarves St, with Hirst's house at the intersection with Elliot St.
Accession No
PHO2011-1004

The Hirst family home on Cameron Street. The photograph is taken near the top of Eliot Street, New Plymouth. A man sits in a carriage holding the reins of a horse in the foreground. Central School in in the midground and in the distance the Sugarloaf Islands and Paritutu can be seen.
Accession No
PHO2011-1101

Street view of Ambury Brothers Drapery, on the corner of Brougham and Devon Streets looking up Brougham Street. A group of people can be seen standing on the footpath outside the shop front.
Accession No
PHO2011-0479

A group of children and young adults, mostly male, sitting on the wooden spectator stands in what is presumed to be the New Plymouth Saltwater Municipal Baths. Most are in swimming costume. A young girl is visible top centre of the image. One young man also holds a dog.
Accession No
PHO2012-0090

Copy photograph showing the exterior of 'The Kash' menswear store, Devon Street East, New Plymouth. Three men and a boy are standing on the pavement in front of the store. The sign on the awning reads "J.J. LOMAS / "THE KASH" / OUTFITTERS". Various merchandise can be seen in the window of the shop. Photography studio Oakley's Portrait Studios (also known as Oakley Studios) occupies the top of the building. Signage painted on the windows reads: "OAKLEY'S Portrait Studios" and a large sign reading "PHOTOGRAPHERS" is mounted below the windows. 'The Kash' building is currently occupied by Ballentynes (20 Devon Street, New Plymouth).
Accession No
PHO2012-0308

Architectural plan for alterations to the Manutahi Hotel. Undated.
Accession No
ARC2004-1188

Architectural plan for a proposed residence located on Morrissey Street in Hāwera. Created for W. Morrissey. Undated.
Accession No
ARC2004-1202

Architectural plan for the Hāwera branch of the Bank of New South Wales. Architect and date created are unknown.
Accession No
ARC2004-1289
Loading...